What to eat for lunch? That’s one question I often ask myself . As food sold out there isn’t appealing enough for me or my purse, I decided to make my own lunch. Here’s a simple recipe I had whipped up in office one day: simple tomato pasta.
I find this perfect for lunch or dinner. All you need are 3 ingredients and a microwave!
Pasta x 1 cup
Pasta sauce in a bottle (I’m using Prego Mushroom & Green Pepper) x 3 tablespoon
Fresh Cherry Tomatoes, halved x 1/2 cup
Water x 1 1/2 cup
Egg x (For poached egg. Optional)
Vinegar x (For poached egg. Optional)
- Fill the bowl with your desired amount of pasta. Add in enough water to completely cover the pasta.
- Microwave the bowl for about 5 minutes (The time may vary depending on your microwave settings. Mine was on HIGH).
- Remove the bowl from the microwave every 2 minute or so to stir it a little before placing it back in the microwave.
- Once your pasta is cooked, add in the bottled pasta sauce and cherry tomatoes. Stir the contents for the sauce to coat the pasta thoroughly.
- Microwave your concoction for about 1.5 minutes to ‘blend in’ the sauce with the pasta (this is optional).
- Remove bowl from microwave and enjoy.
- To complete the meal, top it with a microwaved poached egg.
And you’re done! All that is left to do would be to tuck in and enjoy your bowl of pasta!