One of life’s most important skill is First Aid skills. When someone choked, suffered a heart attack, or drowned – giving First Aid immediately makes a difference between life and death.
Do you know that if someone stops breathing, he only has 4 to 10 minutes before he becomes brain-dead? Chances are that the ambulance will not come in time. Therefore, it is very important that CPR is administered immediately.
Human normally do not think of calamity until it strikes. But emergency does happen and it’s best to be prepared. You would want to know that if your love ones are in danger, you will have the necessary skills to save them.
I’ve found a few First Aid courses in Kuala Lumpur and Selangor, and enrolled myself in one. Here are some information you may find useful:
1. ASEC – ACEDAMY OF SAFETY & EMERGENCY CARE
This course educates participants in the application of AED (automated external defibrillator) combined with ordinary CPR. Training on CPR is fully adapted from the latest American Heart Association Guideline.
This is a free course by ASEC as part of their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme. The module includes Lay Rescuer CPR, use of AED, and Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (Choking).
It’s a one day course and with a large number of participant. All instructors are from medical background for example nurses, paramedic and medical assistant.
- Contact No : 0162295030
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: http://www.asec.com.my/product/free-learn-cpr
- Venue: Training Room, C03 Office, Jalan Merbah 1, Bandar Puchong Jaya. 47170 Puchong
Selangor ( NEXT to IOI MALL Puchong)
- Course: CPR + AED FOR LAY RESCUER TRAINING & CERTIFICATION (8 hours)
- Fee: FREE (worth RM425.00. Deposit of RM100.00 is applicable and shall be returned
at the end of the course)
2. National Heart Association of Malaysia
Course conducted according to the standards and latest 2015 American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care recommendations for healthcare providers.
The Course will cover infant CPR, adult CPR, infant choking, adult choking and AED usage. It’s a small class of 6 to 15 participants. Course will be conducted by certified Basic Life Support instructors and certificate of completion will be given upon passing the exam at the end of the course.
- Website: www.malaysianheart.org
- Email: [email protected]eart.org
- Tel: 03-7931 7900
- Venue: Menara Suezcap 1, KL Gateway , No.2 Jalan Kerinchi, Gerbang Kerinchi Lestari, 59200
- Course: Basic Life Support (BLS) Course
- Fee (inclusive of training materials & meals):
– RM 350.00 per person
– RM 300.00 per person (STUDENT)
3. CERT ACADEMY
This course provides essential knowledge and skill in basic life support skill such as CPR, managing different types of wounds & bleeding and technique of dressing and bandaging.
It’s a two days course and is a more complete First Aid course as compared to ASEC’s and National Heart Association.
Participants will be awarded with Certificate of Training which are both nationally and internationally
- Website: https://www.certacademy.com.my/training/first-aid-division/cpr-aed-training/
- Phone : +603- 8066 8665 / +6013 -745 8808
- Email : [email protected]
- Venue : The Wharf, Prima Biz Hub, No. 8-2, Jalan Tasik Prima 5/1, Taman Tasik Prima, 47150
- Course: CPR & AED Training (2 Days from 9.00am – 5.00pm )
- Fee: RM 400
I urge you to find time to attend the course. It could save someone’s life.