There’s no better gift than one that is handmade and delicious. Afterall, the way to a man’s or woman’s heart is through his or her stomach. This Valentine, why not make almond butter for your lover?
There are many reasons why this make a great Valentine’s gift. Firstly, it’s healthy. Secondly, your lover will think of you every morning when he or she make almond toast for breakfast. Thirdly, it’s incredibly easy to make. Just whizz almond nuts in a food processor. That’s it!
Almond, roasted x 2 cups
Brown sugar x 1/3 cup
1. Place roasted almond into a food processor and blend for 20 minutes. In between processing, stop to scrap nuts and allow the machine to rest.
2. When it reaches a consistency that you like, add sugar to taste and blend for another minute to let it combine.
3. Transfer almond butter in a clean and air-tight glass jar. Keep in the fridge.
- The time needed to turn almond nuts into smooth butter depends on the power of your food processor. A regular food processor would take about 20 to 30 minutes.
- The longer you process it, the smoother it will become. I stopped at 20 minutes mark as I prefer my butter to be a little chunky.
- You can omit the sugar but it would not have the sweetness of the regular bread spread. So I added 1/3 cup of brown sugar. To me, it’s sweet enough but not too overpowering. Add more or less according to your taste.
- Buy roasted almond. Raw almond takes a longer time to break down into nut butter. You can roast the almond for about 10 minutes at 180 degree Celcius. The easiest way is to buy almonds that are already roasted.
- To increase shelf life of the nut butter make sure there’s no moisture in it. Make sure the food processor, jar and spoon used to transfer the nut butter is dry and clean. Do not use soaked almond.
Remember to label your creation and include a romantic note!
Happy Valentine’s Day!