As my family and I are cooking lunch this MCO to send to hospitals, we had to make sure that there is a steady and enough supply of fresh groceries like vegetables and chicken.
We found that major supermarkets queues are too long and, if they provide delivery service, slots are not immediately available. So I search for smaller suppliers that delivers groceries quickly – preferably within a few days.
This is a list that I’ve put together – most which I’ve personally called and some which me and my friends had ordered:
- Agro Fresh They delivery fresh vegetables directly from their farm in Perak to your doorstep.
- Everleaf Supplies vegetables from chemical-free farm.
- Graze Market sells rescued and surplus vegetables; it may not look aesthetically nice but they are still good to be eaten. Hence their vegetable list changes on a daily basis (Whatsapp: 016-666 1782 / 019-2481630)
- Cameron Farmers sell their vegetables in a book through Lazada. The fresh vegetables comes in different sets e.g Set C (suitable for stir-fry Asian cooking) which consist of spring onion, sawi, chili, etc.
- SinTat Green Vege & Grocer supply to restaurants and caterer within Klang Valley. Minimum order of RM 60 with a delivery free of RM 5. Free delivery above RM 80. Order will be arranged 2 days after payment is made.
- Selayang Market Vegetable Supplier (Whatsapp: 0162055050)
- Everfresh TTDI market vegetable supplier. On top of very fresh vegetables, this supplier also sell food like rice and honey (Whatsapp: 012-519 5197)
- JustLife sells fresh vegetable box among other organic food.
- Lazada has started selling vegetables too. There are few suppliers to choose from.
More info about pricing: 5 Independent Vegetables Delivery Services (to get you through this quarantine)
- Roland Low Fruit Vendor An independent yet dependable fruit grocer (Whatsapp: +60 12-393 9733)
- MBG Fruit Shop MBG fruit stall is now delivery online too (Whatsapp: 016-227 5602)
- Lazada Lazada sells fresh fruits and vegetables.
- MCY FOOD SUPPLY Fresh & frozen meat supplier based in Pudu. Chicken (whole and parts), beef, lamb, and duck are available
- FRESH FARM 2 U On top of regular free-range, this farm in Semenyih also supplies unique breed of chicken like Wen Chang chicken (Whatsapp: 016-6266943)
- GOOD 4 U Grass-fed and free range chicken that are grown for 80 days are available (Whatsapp: 012 3317 173)
- LAZADA Lazada also sell fresh/frozen chicken
More info about pricing etc: Fresh Chicken Delivery in KL (to get you through this MCO) – Updated
- BMG This seafood vendor sells their seafood in set. Some of the seafood included are salmon, mackerel fillet, baby octopus, clam, sea white prawn, chinese pompret. (Whatsapp: 011-26236179)
- SEA FRESH sells seafood directly from fishermen to customers. They hand pick each seafood then scale, gut, clean, vacuum pack, and flash freeze the seafood to ensure freshness (Whatsapp: 018-958 8018)
- MERCADO SEAFOOD sell set of seafood e.g MCO Set B (RM105.00) has Saba fillet 2pcs/pkt – 2 pkts; Salmon portion 160-180g – 4 pcs; Cooked prawn 31-40 – 1 pkt and Half shell scallop 250gm – 1 pkt (Whatsapp: 019-355 1701)
- THE SEAFOOD MARKET supplies freshly frozen seafood from Sandakan, Sabah. There are local favourites like tilapia, pomfret, siakap, etc. Minimum order of RM 130. Free delivery with purchases above RM 250. Delivers to Klang Valley only. You can order through Whatsapp: 0126409528, 0122259015
- FISH FOR IT has a large selection of local favourites like black pomfret caught and even yong tau foo. Fish are caught in the Straits of Malacca.
More info: Fresh Seafood Delivery in Kuala Lumpur
Noodles, nuts, grains, dried fruits, Chinese herbs, etc.
- Chai Huat Hin is a Chinese medicinal hall that also sell groceries. You can order Chinese herbs, cooking sauces, dried mushrooms, luncheon meat, bread, etc. Place an order online or call them at 60 12-774 7668
- Signature Market Sells a variety of dried nuts, fruits, and more.
- The Hive Bulk A zero waste store that sell dried food like honey, noodles, nuts etc. It has 5 outlets in Bangsar, Ampang, Petaling Jaya, Intermark and TTDI
If you know of any reliable food supplier, please share with me at the comment section below!