When I first found out about Huios, it’s already been endorsed by many well-known fitness personalities in Malaysia such as Linora Low and Nicholas Mak. As I’m trying to stay in shape myself, what better way than to make changes in my diet and try the healthy meal prep?
I ordered the Low Cal Huios Meals, which is a set of meals with low calories. I opted for the Chicken Tagine with Couscous and Jerk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes. I was delighted by their timeliness in delivering these meals (they’re delivered at 12pm sharp, as per my request). Since the meals were in chilled condition, I’d have to reheat them for about 2-3 minutes in the microwave.
DISH 1: Chicken Tagine with Couscous
What is it? Baked chicken breast topped with homemade clean tagine sauce, finishing with lemon and olives; served with flavoured couscous.
Ingredients: Chicken breast, tagine sauce, lemon, olives, couscous
Calories: 388 cal
Taste: The taste of the baked chicken breast with tagine sauce goes hand in hand with the delicate couscous. I also enjoyed the taste of chicken as well, although it’s slightly spicy for my liking. The couscous easily melts in my mouth, and can’t resist going for more rounds until I’m full!
Thoughts: I’ve never tried couscous before in my entire life. Truth be told, because of the granular form of the couscous, my first impression of the meal was whether I could feel full the same way eating rice would make me, despite the portion being plenty. I was only halfway of eating them when I already felt quite full. I personally think I like couscous better than rice now because of its texture which easily melts in my mouth.
DISH 2: Jerk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
What is it? Middle eastern spice rubbed chicken breast grilled to perfection, keeping it’s juiciness; cut into nice and thin slices served with baked sweet potatoes wedges.
Ingredients: Middle eastern spice, chicken breast, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower
Calories: 304 cal
Taste: The sweet potatoes wedges have somewhat a solid form, though they still easily melts in the mouth and retain its sweetness. The chicken breast has the right amount of spice which could be tasted and is very lean. I also love how flavourful it is despite it being skinless.
Thoughts: I love how colourful the meal looks, especially the contrasting purple and orange sweet potato wedges. I also like how minimalist the meal is yet is still healthy and filling enough to give me the energy boost I need.
THINGS TO NOTE
- Delivery of meal prep is between 11am to 5pm (customers are able to choose when and where to receive their packages within the constraints set). The meals were delivered right at our doorstep (our home office is on the 12th floor).
- Please be aware that 1 day pre-order is required but you are able to order for the next day if you order before 12pm on that day.
- Meals are to be microwaved first before consuming to ensure freshness as they are delivered in chilled condition.
- Meals can last in the chiller for up to 3 days and in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Aside from Low Cal Meals, Huios also offers High Cal Meals.
- Delivery areas: Bangsar, Bandar Sri Damansara, Bandar Utama, Batu Caves, Bukit Damansara, Mont Kiara, Damansara Jaya, Damansara Utama, Kota Damansara, Kuala Lumpur, Petaling Jaya, Puchong, Pudu, Segambut, Sentul, Sri Hartamas, Sri Petaling, Sungai Buloh, Shah Alam, Subang Jaya, TTDI (KL), USJ.
Would you order this lunch from Huios Meal Prep?
With the fullness of fitness in the team, Huios’ mission is to educate and make fitness much more available and achievable in Malaysia.