How often do you come across health food delivery, crafted by an American Fitness Professionals and Associates (AFPA) certified nutritionist, with competitive price point? Founded by Alexandra Prabaharan, Food Matters offers a selection of healthy meal subscriptions which are suitable for people who are watching their weight, have special dietary needs, or simply want to live a healthier lifestyle.
What stands out is that there’s nutritional information on every meal listed on the online menu. This makes things easier for you when planning for your meals. Even the meals come in a packaging plastered with nutritional information.
Also to my delight was the fact that when I received my meals, they look just like how it’s presented in the promo photo: same portion, same colour. The aroma of the food was very appetising as well. I could smell it even before I opened them.
DISH 1: Salmon Cilantro Fishcakes with Quinoa Miso Salad
What is it? Golden-baked fishcakes served with a nutritious protein-rich quinoa salad tossed with a miso dressing.
Main Ingredients: Baked salmon, quinoa salad, miso dressing
Nutrients: 505cal, 14.3 fat, 63.3 carbs, 34.0 protein
Taste: The quinoa is very flavourful – tangy and slightly spicy – and moist. The quinoa salad is colourful which makes it even more appetising. When eaten on its own, I personally find the fishcake tastes kind of salty. However when eaten with the quinoa it balances the taste. I must say that this is one of my favourite meals.
DISH 2: Soba Noodles with Seaweed and Chicken
What is it? Lightly tossed noodles in soy sauce topped with teriyaki chicken breast and nutrient-dense nori seaweed.
Main Ingredients: Soba noodles, skinless boneless chicken breast, nori seaweed, soy sauce
Nutrients: 311cal, 6.8 fat, 49.5 carbs, 21.0 protein
Taste: Overall the noodle has a perfect balance of taste, is sweet enough without coming off too strong. This meal is very simple, so for those who prefer something minimal in their diet, this one is a must-try. Though I prefer dishes with more complicated flavours.
DISH 3: Falafels served in a Pita with Garlic Mint Yogurt
What is it? Classic falafel (traditional middle eastern deep-fried ball or patty made from ground chickpeas) in pita wrap
Main Ingredients: Chickpeas, yogurt, pita wrap
Nutrients: 304cal, 5.8 fat, 43.9 carbs, 16.8 protein
Taste: I’ve never tried falafel before so I’m looking forward to trying it out. This one tastes very minty and is creamy, and I find the pita bread to be fresh and soft in texture, a contrast to the store-bought ones I normally eat.
THINGS TO NOTE
- Only monthly subscriptions are available at the moment. See their subscription packages with different offer and price range
- For starters, you might want to try the Single Subscription Package (4 meals per month at RM56)
- Payments can be made online
- Upon subscription, customers can access their personal meal planner to plan meals in advance and to avoid missing delivery
- Meals can be cancelled 1 day in advance before 1pm
- Subscription is auto-renew
- Their minimum delivery is 4 meals a month, however the more meals you order per month, the less you pay for each meal
- Delivery is free
- Delivery is currently limited to certain locations within Klang Valley
- Menu changes consistently
- They use Halal certified suppliers for their ingredients
- There’s a special package for large orders and catering
- You can also download their app for convenience
Would you order these meals from FOOD MATTERS?
FOOD MATTERS‘s mission is to banish the negativity surrounding the concept of healthy eating and to make it accessible, affordable and absolutely delicious. With American Fitness Professionals and Associates (AFPA) certified nutritionist Alexandra Prabaharan’s crafted recipes, and a price point starting at RM10 per meal, you’ll be on your way to a healthier, more balanced lifestyle, all while saving a substantial amount of time and money.