Naturally, at The Fat Spoon Cookbook launch party, we fell in love with their signature ice-blended lychee and mint. We were pleasantly surprise to know that it’s made with canned lychee (That makes this drink a convenient for parties)
INGREDIENTS (Original recipe)
Lychees (canned) x 24 whole
Lychee syrup (canned) x 150 ml
Sugar water x 45 ml
Ice cubes x 6 – 7 scoop
Mint leaves, julienned x 18
1. Blend the whole lychees, lychee syrup from the can and ice-cubes until ice are crushed.
2. Pour content into a glass and sprinkle with mint leaves cut into thin strips.
- Learn how to make quick simple syrup without a stove and in one minute
- Counting lychees is too cumbersome when you just want to make a quick drink. Instead of 24 whole lychees as instructed, we used the whole can of lychee.
- Though mint leaves makes beautiful garnishing to an otherwise pale drink, it is not necessary. We omitted it as we couldn’t get our hands on mints. So we compensate with a colourful stirrer and straw.
- As we are not sure what ‘scoop’ means, we use about 1 1/2 cup of ice or about 15 cubes.
- Keep a few canned lychee in your pantry so that you can whip up delicious drinks for unexpected guests.
- The colour of the drink depends on the lychee. Ours turned out to be lovely peachy colour!
Have you tried this drink at the Fat Spoon Cafe before?