It is so much joy having family and friends over to eat home-cooked food that we have planned more than we think we can manage. Instead of making complicated food, we thought of finding the simplest recipe with minimal ingredients and preparation. This baked mustard fish is super easy and fast.
It’s inspired by one of our favourite Food Network Chef, Ina Garten. However her roasted mustard fish requires sour cream that’s difficult to get hold of and has a short shelf life.
> White fish x 4 pieces
> Black pepper
- Lay fish fillet on a oven-safe baking tray or dish. If you have parchment paper, you can line the tray with it. Season fillet with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze mustard onto the fish and spread evenly with a spoon.
- Put into the oven to bake at 250 degree Celcius for about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on your oven and the thickness of the fish.
- Put aside fish for 5 minutes before serving. Have it with some vegetables and pasta.
- We bought a packet of frozen fish fillet. It takes about 30 minutes to defrost and then it can be cooked immediately without cutting or cleaning.
- If you’re up to it, use a combination or wholegrain mustard and dijon mustard. You can also add some shallots or ginger. We did not want to include it in the recipe as we want to skip mincing shallots and mixing the sauce in another bowl.
What’s your favourite super easy meal? Share with us the recipe!