The perfect Chinese steam egg is easy to prepare but difficult to master. We are not showing you to how make a smooth Chinese steam egg which requires the perfect steam time, the right thickness, removal of bubbles, etc. For that, you can find it from Taste Hong Kong.
Pan/pot with lid
- Whisk egg until fluffy (about a minute).
- Add soya bean milk, salt and pepper into whisked egg. Beat well to mix.
- Pour mixture into a heat-proof dish.
- Bring water to boil over high heat. Place the dish with beaten egg onto steam rack in the pan. Cover with lid and steam eggs for 5 minutes in low fire.
- To make cooking faster, boil water in the pan/pot before mixing the ingredients. By the time you’re ready to steam the dish, the water will already be boiling.
- You can also substitute soya milk with water.
Garnish with some green onions and drizzle more soya sauce if you like it salty. Our favourite way? Topping it with tomato and mushroom gravy!