One day, we were not motivated to cook. We don’t want to turn on the stove, wash the wok or clean any fresh food. So, we made us of the oven and a packet of Hokto’s brown beech mushrooms.
We found Hokto’s mushrooms from a promotional counter at Jusco. Their mushrooms are grown indoors, picked and pack by machines. There’s no need to clean them before cooking!
How to make cooking easier?
This time, we want to reduce work to the minimum. What we did was:
- Use mushrooms which does not need washing
- Use the oven (to avoid cleaning the wok)
- Bake using the same plate we will eat with (It’s wise to invest in some plates that are ovensafe)
- Season the food as we like, without using measuring spoons.
YOU WILL NEED
> Hokto’s mushrooms
> Olive oil
> Black pepper
> Sea salt
- Cut the stem of the mushroom.
- Separate the stalks with hands and arrange them on an oven safe plate
- Season with olive oil, black pepper and sea salt. With your hands, toss it a little to ensure that all the mushrooms are duly seasoned.
- Bake mushrooms at the highest temperature (ours is 250 degree celcius) for about 8 minutes.
That’s it! You now have a plate of roasted mushroom. It makes a good side dish. But the first time we made it, we had the entire plate as snack.
Do not look down on the simplicity of this dish. The mushrooms are flavourful, crunchy and healthy. Probably due to the freshness of Hokto’s mushroom, this is one of the best plate of mushrooms we’ve ever tasted (we do eat out a fair bit).
For even better flavour, sprinkle with some herbs like parsley or oregano. If you’re not as demotivated, bake it with some onions.