One of the easiest way to get more fruits and vegetables in our body is through drinking juices. We love putting all kinds of fruits into the juicer and enjoy freshly extracted goodness. Try our kedongdong juice and green detox juice.
In Sara Ding’s ‘Juicing For Health’ book, we found a juice that would appeal to many people: a juice that helps to reduce fat and cellulite. The juice that is aptly called the Fat Burner includes grapefruit as a key ingredient.
- It helps metabolise sugar and burn excess fats.
- It reduces fluid retention which also contributes to formation of cellulite.
- It helps promotes collagen to firm up the skin.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Juicing time: 5 minutes
Serves: 1 – 2
Grapefruit x 1 large
Oranges x 2
Key limes (limau nipis) with peel x 2
- If using slow juicer: peel the grapefruits and oranges.
- Leave the peel for the key limes. Wash them clean.
- Put all three citrus fruits through the juicer.
- Serve chilled.
- Grapefruit is one of the best food to help with weight loss. However, if it is not available, you can substitute with cucumber and celery.
- The book uses and recommend using a slow-juicer. If you don’t have one, you can squeeze the citruses manually. We have one but decided to use the electric citrus press for speed and convenience. In that case, you don’ t have to peel the citrus fruits; just cut them into halves.
- If you are not able to get organic fruits and you worry about the pesticide content in unpeeled citrus fruit, try our homemade vegetable wash.
On top of juicing eliminate these food to achieve your weight loss goal
Of course, no one recipe is a panacea for weight loss. Sara Ding encourages weight watchers to improve their diet. Removing these food from one’s diet will help weight loss goals: processed food, cured meats, deep-fried foods, flour and sugar products, food high in fats, gravies and coffee.
Juicing For Health by Sara Ding contains recipes for selection of juices for some common ailments: anaemia, the flu, diabetes, gout and high blood pressure, as well as those that boost bone health and improve skin complexion. It is written by Sara Ding, a certified Health Coach and Nutritional Consultant. She is the author of a comprehensive website on juicing. Visit her at juicing-for-health.com
Available at MPH (RM 39.90).