Last week, we’ve made pizza from scratch. Despite using the simplest recipe we could find, forming a dough from flour and kneading it never be as quick as we hope it would be.
So we got creative and created a 15 minutes mini pepperoni pizza using dumpling pastry as a base! (Those pastry used to wrap chinese dumplings or wantan). They’ll make great finger food for parties or finger food for guests.
YOU WILL NEED
> Pepperoni x 50 g
> Dumpling pastry x 1 packet
> Mozzarella cheese x 250 g
> Tomato paste x 1 can
1. Firstly, Preheat oven to 250 degrees and put some flour on the baking pan. To make the mini pizza base, simply place two dumpling pastry together. Bake the base for a few minutes until it’s half-cooked.
2. Spread pastry with tomato paste.
3. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese. Don’t over do it, it might be too salty.
4. Top it with pepperoni.
5. Bake for about 8 minutes, or until cheese melts and pepperoni shrivels.
You can top it up with anything you like. If pepperoni is not available, you can replace it with salami or ham. For a healthier pizza, try adding fresh ingredients like mushrooms, onions and capsicums.
- Remember to use a baking pan. It conducts heat better. This will ensure that the bottom is properly cooked and crispy. We’ve tried with glass baking tray and porcelain plates; both didn’t work so well.
- If you want the pizza to be even more crispier, bake the pastry a little longer before spreading tomato sauce, cheese and toppings.
- Dumpling pastry can be found in supermarkets or wet market. If you can’t find round ones, make do with square ones which are used to wrap wantan.
Have you tried making pizza at home?