We enjoy eating at mamak stalls and one of our favorite dish is Maggi mee goreng (Maggi fried noodles). Just last week, we’ve visited our favourite stall in Kuala Lumpur at Royal Lake Club and got some tips on how to make a good plate of Maggi mee goreng. Today we’re going to show you how to make a simple plate of Maggi mee goreng at home in 15 minutes. To make it easier, we use only 5 essential ingredients.
YOU WILL NEED
> Maggie noodles with 1/2 packet Maggi seasoning (We use curry flavour)
> Tofu x 1/4 cup
> Egg x 1
> Green vegetables x 1 cup
> Onion, minced x 1/2
> Dark soy sauce
Nice to have:
HOW-TO: (A step-by-step tutorial)
- Bring water to boil and add in Maggi instant noodle. Cook until soft. In a hot wok, fry onions with oi l until brown and fragrant.
- Add tofu
- Add spinach and fry until soft
- Make a hold in the middle of the wok and break an egg.
- Add Maggi seasoning (We only use half a packet as we prefer our dish to be less salty).
- Add cooked noodles
- Flavour with dark soya sauce
- Give it a good stir and serve.
Now your homemade Maggi mee goreng is ready.
For extra zing, squeeze a fresh lime on it.
We always order our Maggi mee goreng with an extra ‘mata kerbau’ (sunny side up)! So top it with an egg if you like.
Do you like Maggi mee goreng like we do?