Alongside 1M4U, we are supporting the ‘Lunchbox Monday campaign’. In this social project, we encourage working Malaysians to pack food to the office every Monday! In the following Mondays, we will be sharing ideas for lunch boxes that are suitable to bring to work .We will start this campaign with a simple but healthy recipe: tuna salad sandwich.
LUNCHBOX MONDAY PLAN
- Pack lunchbox to the office at least once a week. Monday would best the best day as you’ll be able to prepare it on Sunday.
- Get recipes from JewelPie every Monday
- Share your lunch on social media with the has tag #lunchboxmonday.
Why is it good for you?
Tuna contains Omega-3 which has two important fatty acids – DHA and EPA – found almost only in marine food such as tuna. Canned tuna is a convenient way to get these nutrient. We then complete our healthy lunchbox with wholemeal bread and vegetables.
Clean mixed salad leaves and make the sandwich filling the night before. On Monday morning, all you need to do is to put together the sandwich with tuna filling, vegetables and bread. Put them into a square container and chuck it into your work bag.
- A night before, make the filling of the sandwich by mixing mashed tuna and chopped onions. Season it with salt and pepper. If you like, add a tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- In the morning, spread vegetables on slices of wholemeal bread and topped it with tuna filling. To make it even healthier, you can include superfood like avocado slices or flaxseed.
Have you brought any sandwich to the office? If not, do it this week!