We have a love-hate relationship with packet, frozen food. As much as we love to make thing from scratch using fresh ingredients, the reality is that we don’t have such luxury. When time is not by our side, packet food can be a lifesaver.
There are plenty of rather impressive frozen food in the supermarket. We enjoyed Pacific West’s Fish & Chips which we served with mushy peas in 30 minutes. This time, we discovered Figo’s gyoza.
- Place frozen gyoza onto a steel plate
- Steam the gyoza for 5 minutes.
- While waiting for the gyoza to cook, cut ginger into thin slices. You can peel the ginger with a peeler or a spoon.
- Arrange ginger into a sauce plate and pour soy sauce or vinegar over it.
- After 10 minutes, the gyoza should be ready. Serve in a beautiful plate along with the sauce.
- We wanted to prepare the gyoza using the simplest and fuss-free method. So we decided to steam them instead. You can pan-fry or deep fry them.
- Steaming it on the same serving plate would be a better idea. We had difficulty moving it from the steel plate onto a serving plate as it was very soft.
When you feel like some snacks or when an unexpected visitor comes, you know you can serve something beautiful and delicious in minutes.
Do you keep packet food in your freezer?