To all chocolate lovers, rejoice! Chocolates, contrary to popular belief, is a healthy snack. However, it has to be dark chocolate.
WHAT IS DARK CHOCOLATE?
Dark chocolate has little to no milk (source: wikipedia). The cocoa solids in dark chocolate can range from 30% , 70%, 75%, or even above 80%. The European rules specify that dark chocolates must have a minimum of 35% cocoa solids.
BENEFITS OF DARK CHOCOLATE
Dark chocolate is shown to
- lower your blood pressure
- prevent hardening of your blood vessels
- make you feel happy by encouraging your brain to release endorphins (happy hormone)
- control your blood sugar
- keep you awake by its small amount of caffeine.
- lower your risk of getting cavities because dark chocolate hardens your enamel!
- VOCHELLE 90 g RM 4.45
- DOVE 43 g RM 2.99
- VANHOUTEN 150 g RM 8.20
- ECUADOR 100 g RM 18.69
- LINDT 100 g RM9.90
- TUDOR GOLD 200 g RM 10.05
Next time you are at the snacks and sweets section of the supermarket, remember to buy some dark chocolates!
What do you normally snack on at your office?