While searching for smart ways to store hairpins, we’ve found a trick to keep hairpins in Tic Tac boxes and made our own!
It’ll be so handy to keep one in the handbag; you’ll never know when you need to keep that strand of hair in place.
We normally let down our hair and every time we eat a restaurant with the fan or a/c blowing on our face, we wish we have some hairpins or a hair tie with us.
YOU WILL NEED
> Hair pins
> Hair tie
Step-by-step tutorial in making a DIY hairpin & hair tie organiser
- Enjoy the Tic Tac sweets! We like yellow so we chose mango flavour. For a transparent box pick mint flavor and a bright orange box, orange flavor.
- Clean your tic tac box We filled the box with water and let it dip it in a bowl of water to allow the sticker to come off easier.
- Remove traces of glue We use aftercare wipes that comes along with store-bought wax strips (Nair) to remove the stubborn traces of glue. Mineral/baby oil should work too.
- Keep your pins in it. Now it’s time to fill it with pins!
- Wrap a hair-tie If you like, you can also wrap a hair tie around it.
When you need a pin, simply pour it our like how you would pour those pellets of Tic Tacs.
We like how it’s small and light enough to keep it in a bag! Now we don’t simply chuck those pins and ties into our bags and dig into our bags to look for them anymore.
How do you keep your hairpins and hair ties in your bag?