Are you making any cookies for Chinese New Year? Well, you can make a container of delicious cookies even if you are strapped for time and have little baking skills. We have a recipe just for you: almond florentine/ almond flakes cookies!
This crispy cookie only requires two ingredients: almond flakes and florentine mix. It’s possible to make one container of these delicious treat in 10 minutes.
> Almond flakes x 200 g
> Florentine mix x 100 g
> Weighing scale
> Parchment paper
> Baking pan
> Flat tray
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celcius. In a large bowl, mix almond flakes and florentine mix until they are well combined.
- Spread mixture into a shallow baking pan lined with parchment paper. The dimension of our baking pan is 13 x 14 inches.
- Put baking pan into the top layer of the oven. Bake until almond cookies turn golden brown. It should take about 6 minutes. However, this varies with different ovens.
- Flatten the cookies with a tray.
- With a knife, cut the cookies into squares.
- Put almond cookies into a dish and let it cool before transferring them into an air-tight container.
- You can purchase florentine mix from baking supply shops.
- The cookie hardens very quickly. Immediately after removing the tray from the oven, cut them into square pieces.
- If the cookies harden before you’re able to cut them, break them into smaller pieces with your hands.
- To have the cookies baked nicely with less concentrated brown patches and to ensure that they stick together well, it is very important to spread the mixture on the tray evenly.
What are you favourite Chinese New Year cookies?