Are you making any cookies for Chinese New Year? Well, you can make a container of delicious cookies even if you are strapped for time and have little baking skills. We have a recipe just for you: almond flakes cookies!
This crispy cookie only requires two ingredients: almond flakes and Bienetta. It’s possible to make one container of these delicious treat in 10 minutes.
> Almond flakes x 200 g
> Bienetta Sugar Flour Mixture x 100 g
> Weighing scale
> Parchment paper
> Baking pan
> Flat tray
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celcius. In a large bowl, mix almond flakes and sugar until they are well combined.
- Spread mixture into a shallow baking pan lined with parchment paper. The dimension of our baking pan is 13 x 14 inches. You will need to readjust the amount of the ingredients for a baking pan of a different size.
- Put baking pan into the top layer of the oven. Bake until almond cookies turn golden brown. It should take about 6 minutes. However, this varies with different ovens.
- Flatten the cookies with a tray.
- With a knife, cut the cookies into squares.
- Put almond cookies into a dish and let it cool before transferring them into an air-tight container.
- You can purchase Bienetta from baking supply shops.
- The cookie hardens very quickly. Immediately after removing the tray from the oven, cut them into square pieces.
- If the cookies harden before you’re able to cut them, break them into smaller pieces with your hands.
- To have the cookies baked nicely with less concentrated brown patches and to ensure that they stick together well, it is very important to spread the mixture on the tray evenly with equal amount of almond flakes and Bienetta.
What are you favourite Chinese New Year cookies?